Jongomero Camp, Ruaha
Jongomero is a classic luxury tented camp set in the southernmost expanse of the Ruaha National Park. Located on the banks of the seasonal Jongomero River, the 8-tent camp ensures a sense of intimacy in a truly undiscovered wilderness.
* 8 spacious tents on raised platforms under a makuti thatch roof (pictured below).
* 8 ft wide dhow-wood emperor beds with ambient 240v lighting.
* Ensuite bathrooms with double vanity unit.
* Hot and cold running water (solar heated with backup immersion heater).
* Spacious front veranda ensuring maximum privacy with views.
The public area is beautifully located in the deep shade of an ancient African ebony tree with uninterrupted views of the Jongomero River bed.
Dining is a combination of table d’hote, elegant buffets, al fresco dinners under the stars, campfire cooking and classic safari picnics. International cuisine with a truly East African flavour.
* Filtered swimming pool overlooks the seasonal Jongomero River.
* Pool mattresses and towels.
* Game drives in open 4-wheel drive vehicles.
* Excellent birdwatching.
* Game walks with professional walking guide and ranger.
* June to October: Dry and warm days with temperatures cooling down considerably at night. Vegetation becomes sparser and animals are drawn to dwindling water sources. Nights can be cold.
* November – mid March: Hotter and greener. Nights still cool. This is the season for bird and plant lovers and is the main reproductive time of year so a good time for seeing young.