Judge's Court, Pragpur
The Judge´s Court is a Heritage hotel located in the medieval hamlet of Pragpur, at an elevation of 2,000 ft. in the Kangra Valley of the North Indian State of Himachal Pradesh. It has two portions: the main manor building constructed by Bhandari Ram for his son, Justice Sir Jai Lal in 1918, and an additional ancestral cottage nearby which is over 300 years old. The buildings stand in a 12-acre orchard consisting of mango, lychee, plum, citrus and exotic trees like camphor, clove and cardamom. There are 10 Double Rooms, 3 of which are suites, including the cottage in the ancestral courtyard. A suite is pictured below. The Judge's Court grows its own fruit, vegetables, wheat, maize and oil seeds. Milk is from an owned dairy on the premises. Water is exclusively piped from an ancestral mountain spring. Preserves are from the "green" produce of the orchard. The Judge's Court is still owned and run by the founding Kuthiala Sood family.