Rivers & Rainbows
|South Luangwa||Kapani Lodge||3 nights|
|South Luangwa||Kakuli Camp||3 nights|
|Lusaka ||Eight Reedbuck Hotel ||1 night |
9 days from £2280
excluding international flights
Enjoy a week's safari in South Luangwa in the 'Green Season'
DAY 1 - Depart UK.
Recommended flight from London: British Airways from London Heathrow to Lusaka (see below). If you are travelling from a country other than the UK we would be happy to give you guidance on your flight options.
DAY 2 - Arrival in Lusaka. Fly to South Luangwa National Park.
You will be met at Lusaka Airport by a representative of World Discovery and escorted onto your 1 hour flight
to Mfuwe, gateway to South Luangwa National Park, considered to be Zambia’s best gameviewing area. You will
be met by your safari guide at Mfuwe Airport and driven to Kapani Lodge in time
to settle in before lunch.
Meals included: Lunch, dinner.
DAYS 3 TO 7 - South Luangwa National Park.
Enjoy the South Luangwa at its most dramatic and beautiful. During the 'Green Season' the bush is in its fullest flush of growth, rivers and lagoons are
brimming and boating safaris take you eye to eye with hippos and crocodiles. Magnificent skyscapes and sunsets, a wealth of migratory birds,
crystal clear night skies and occasional dramatic tropical downpours
provide the back drop for a safari during the most exciting time to be
in the South Luangwa Valley. Kapani Lodge and Kakuli - the only true bush camp open in the Green
Season - provide a unique and unforgettable safari experience for
photographers, wildlife and bird enthusiasts, as well as those who are
looking for new adventure in Africa.
Meals included: Full breakfast, lunch, dinner each day.
DAY 8 - Lusaka.
Fly from Mfuwe to Zambia's capital Lusaka where you will stay overnight at a charming boutique hotel.
Meals included: Full Breakfast.
DAY 9 - Return to the U.K.
In the morning transfer to the airport for your flight back to the U.K.
Meals included: Full breakfast.
We recommend the services of British Airways' direct service to Lusaka. Current timings (subject to possible change) are as follows:
Heathrow/Lusaka. Depart at 19.10; arrive Lusaka at 06.20 (next morning)
Lusaka/Heathrow. Depart at 08.45; arrive Heathrow at 18.00
Zambia Safaris: Rivers & Rainbows (Tour Reference: WDZM003)
Price per person based on a minimum of two persons travelling together:
Departures on Wednesdays,
|20 Jan to 3 Apr ||£2280 |
Single Room Supplement on request.
The price includes:
- Flights within Zambia: Lusaka - Mfuwe - Lusaka, including airport taxes.
- Hotel, lodge and tented accommodation as listed above in twin-bedded or double rooms with ensuite facilites.
- 7 full breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners as shown in the itinerary.
- Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, teas and coffees at Kapani and Kakuli (premium wines and champagne are charged to the guests' account). Room and breakfast only in Lusaka.
- Transportation throughout: this will be shared as appropriate with other guests at the camps.
- All sightseeing and gameviewing as shown, including guiding and National Park entrance fees.
Not included in the price:
- International flights (see our recommendation above). We are happy to discuss the flights with you and give you further guidance.
- International airport taxes.
- Tipping. We will be pleased to give guidance in this often sensitive matter
A deposit of 25% of the total cost is required at the time of booking. The balance of the price for your Zambia safari must be paid at least 8 weeks before your departure date.