Selous Safari Camp
Selous Safari Camp is a classic luxury tented camp located on the banks of Lake Nzerakera in the most prolific and thrilling gameviewing area of the Selous. North camp caters for 6 tents and the South camp caters for 7 tents, each with its own pool, dining and main area providing a very personal and intimate safari experience.
* Both camps together have a total of 13 vast luxury tents (pictured below) raised onto wooden platforms with palm canopies and views.
* Tents designed with widest side to front, to maximize views and breeze.
* 6ft wide double beds with bedside tables & lamps.
* Ceiling fans and ambient 240v lighting.
* Ensuite bathrooms with double brass basins, cupboard space and dressing area, and an adjoining shower area open to the stars.
* Two verandas - one to front off the bedroom, second off rear of tent.
Dining area and bar raised on viewing platform, with large comfortable sofas, and wildlife reference library. Table d’hote dining makes the most of African influences and local fresh fruit, vegetables and spices.
Private swimming pool set in shade with day beds and towels.
* Game drives in open-sided 4-wheel drive vehicles.
* River safaris in boats with outboard motors.
* Game walks.
* Fishing (subject to conditions and fee to be paid in camp).
* June to September: Dry and warm – animals are drawn to dwindling water supplies in the lakes around the river. With vegetation sparse, this is the perfect season for walking and for larger concentrations of game.
* October – March: Hotter and greener. This is the season for bird and plant lovers and is the main reproductive time of year so a good time for seeing young. There’s a chance of rain in November and December, flowers are in abundance and the deciduous trees are starting new growth.